The FBI Memphis Division field office, which is located on 225 North Humphreys Boulevard, also encompasses 54 surrounding counties and the following Resident Agencies (satellite offices):
Although the FBI Memphis Division and its Resident Agencies have made national security a priority following the terror events of September 11, 2001, this FBI Division has also long been focused on gang violence, cargo theft, civil rights, illegal drugs, and public corruption. One of the most high-profile FBI Memphis public corruption cases occurred in 2002. The Tennessee Waltz Investigation by the FBI Memphis Division led to the prosecution of state legislators and county commissioners and the formation of an independent ethics commission and the passage of new state ethics laws.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Justice Studies and M.S. in Criminal Justice
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Criminology, and M.S. in Criminal Justice
- Liberty University - Online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Utica College - BS and MS Degrees in Cyber Intelligence, Cybercrime Instigations, Monitoring and Surveillance, Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation, Criminal Intelligence Analysis, and more.
Special Agent Careers in the FBI’s Memphis Division
There are many FBI specialists within the FBI Memphis Division who concentrate their efforts on everything from national security threats to major crime problems in the state and across the country. As such, FBI jobs in Memphis include:
- FBI Special Agents
- Security Experts
- Support Services Technicians
- Language Specialists
- Financial Analysts
- Investigative Specialists
The dedicated and qualified FBI Specialists in Memphis operate best within specialized units or teams, including:
- Evidence Response Team – The FBI Memphis Evidence Response Team consists of FBI Special Agents who work alongside local law enforcement and the FBI laboratory.
- HAZMAT – There are three hazardous materials experts in the FBI Memphis Division who work alongside Weapons of Mass Destruction experts at the FBI headquarters.
- Bomb Recovery and Analysis – Three Special Agent Bomb Technicians in the FBI Memphis Division test and render safe explosive devices. These FBI specialists work alongside the Joint Terrorism Task Forces.
- SWAT Team – The FBI Memphis SWAT team consists of 11 members who use specialized weapons and expert training to do everything from storm barricaded buildings to rescue hostages.
Further, FBI jobs in Memphis include working alongside public and private task forces, law enforcement agencies, and first responder communities:
- Memphis Joint Terrorism Task Force
- Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Memphis Field Intelligence Group
- Joint Cyber Crime Task Force
- Memphis Field Intelligence Group
- FBI Counterintelligence Domain Program
- Memphis InfraGard
- Memphis Safe Street Task Force
- Memphis Cargo Task Force
- Mortgage Fraud Task Force
- Law Enforcement Corruption Street Task Force
How to Become an FBI Agent in Memphis: FBI Requirements in Memphis, TN
Individuals who want to learn how to become an FBI Agent in Memphis should first find out if they meet initial FBI requirements in Memphis, which include:
- Being a U.S. citizen
- Holding a four-year college or university degree from an accredited institution
- Possessing a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Having at least 2 years of professional work experience
- Being between the ages of 23 and 36 (Veterans may qualify if they are older than 36)
If individuals for employment meet all of the above requirements, they must be willing and able to relocate to any location within the FBI’s jurisdiction, and they must undergo an FBI background check (Individuals with felony convictions or those who defaulted on student loans are not eligible for employment), a physical fitness evaluation, a urinalysis, and a medical examination before they can attend the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.
Individuals may search for FBI job vacancies or learn more about FBI requirements in Memphis by visiting the FBI’s website.