The presence of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the Oklahoma area pre-dates the creation of the bureau. The FBI was not officially created until 1909, but special agents in the Justice Department were conducting investigations years prior to that. At the time, agents were primarily concerned with unmasking white-collar crimes like land fraud, which was a big problem at the time.
The most significant case to ever happen in Oklahoma City came in 1995 with the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building- located in the downtown business core of the metropolitan city. In the end, 168 people were killed at the hands of bomber Timothy McVeigh- a name that would go down in infamy as far as domestic terrorism is concerned. Terrorist attacks have remained the highest priority for the FBI as a whole- including the field office in Oklahoma City.
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Utica College - BS and MS Degrees in Cyber Intelligence, Cybercrime Instigations, Monitoring and Surveillance, Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation, Criminal Intelligence Analysis, and more.
How to Become an FBI Agent in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
FBI Requirements in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma:
- Must be between the ages of 23 and 36 (some exceptions may apply in special circumstances, including military veteran status)
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must have a four-year degree from a certified college or university
- Must have two years of relevant work experience in a specialized field
- Must being willing to relocate to any area under the FBI’s jurisdiction
After the initial interview process and tests, accepted applicants are required to enroll in a training program.
Phase One: The first phase requires applicants to enroll in a training program in a general course of study.
Phase Two: Once specializations have been acquired, special agents are then required to pass a demanding physical fitness evaluation and an extremely thorough background check.
Jurisdictions Supervised by the Oklahoma City FBI Division Office
The Oklahoma City field office is responsible for overseeing investigation operations throughout the entire state. There are 11 satellite offices located in the following areas:
- Elk City