The FBI’s sole field office in Maryland is located in Baltimore, the state’s largest city, This Division office includes the entire states of both Maryland and Delaware in its jurisdiction.
The Baltimore office oversees two satellite offices (called resident agencies) in Delaware as well as six located in the Maryland cities of Annapolis, the state capital and home of the U.S. Naval Academy, Bel Air, Calverton, Frederick, Rockville and Salisbury. The Baltimore office is only 39 miles from Washington DC.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Justice Studies and M.S. in Criminal Justice
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Criminology, and M.S. in Criminal Justice
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Utica College - BS and MS Degrees in Cyber Intelligence, Cybercrime Instigations, Monitoring and Surveillance, Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation, Criminal Intelligence Analysis, and more.
FBI Jobs in the Baltimore Field Office
The Baltimore office hires talented men and women who have a strong desire to fight terrorism and crime, and who have the ability to think critically, analyze and solve problems. Recruits are sought for both special agent and non-agent FBI jobs in Maryland, like intelligence analysts, scientists, engineers, cyber experts and translators.
The Baltimore field office has a broad mix of agents and specialized professionals who focus on investigations as well as the collection, analysis and sharing of intelligence. They work together on cases involving:
- Cyber crime
- Organized crime
- White-collar crime
- Civil rights violations
- Bank robberies
- Drug trafficking
Requirements for an FBI Job in Maryland
Basic FBI requirements are:
- Citizen of the U.S.
- Between 23 and 36 years of age
- Four-year or better degree from an accredited college/university
- A minimum of two years professional experience
Applicants must also pass a thorough background investigation, medical examination (including vision and hearing), physical fitness test, drug test and possibly a polygraph.
How to Apply for an FBI Job in Maryland
Maryland residents can visit or call the Baltimore field office at 2600 Baltimore Drive, Baltimore, MD 21244, on Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. Applications, as well as information about specific vacancies and internships, are also available online at the FBI JOBS website.
FBI News from Maryland
A February 6, 2013 FBI press release reported that three high school seniors from Frederick won a contest to design a logo for the FBI Baltimore Division Cyber Task Force. The winning design features an eagle holding the Maryland and Delaware state flags on a background of computer binary code. The logo will be used on the task force’s letterhead and apparel.
Maryland is a leading contender for the location of the new FBI headquarters. Several Maryland sites have been proposed for the new 2.1 million square foot complex that will accommodate over 11,000 employees who organize, coordinate and direct FBI activities in the U.S. and overseas. It will replace the J. Edgar Hoover building in Washington DC that has served as FBI headquarters since the mid-1970s.